Safety and Environment Associate Director
Nitelikler/Qualifications, İş Tanımı/Job Description:
For our multinational client operating in health industry, we are currently seeking a ''Safety and Environment Associate Director'' who ideally is/has;
- Technical (engineering, chemistry) primary degree with a post-grad EHS qualification (B Class H&S Certificate).
- 5-8 years of experience in a similar role within a highly regulated manufacturing environment,preferably in Pharmaceutical and/or Chemical Industry.
- Experience on supporting multiple activities/projects and on working with EHS regulatory agencies and Corporate support functions.
- Environmental Officer Certificate desirable
- Documented knowledge of Turkish EHS laws and regulatory framework
- Proven ability to develop sustainable cooperative professional relationships on all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- High ethical standards, being a role model of business compliance and integrity
- Demonstrated analytical and logical problem solving abilities
- Flexibility to perform multiple, complex tasks simultaneously to efficiently support the business
- Fluency in written and spoken Turkish and English
- Lean/Six Sigma experience desirable is plus
- Manage site EHS programs, including routine assessments, facilitating corrective measures as necessary and anticipating program needs based on relevant business conditions and developments.
- Ensure facility compliance with local, Turkish and corporate standards and guidelines.
- Ensure an effective implementation and maintenance of tailored site-level EHS programs including the recognition and reporting of any potential deficient situations/conditions with appropriate corrective actions.
- Interact and communicate with corporate EHS, Compliance, Quality Assurances, Technical Services, Engineering, Manufacturing, Research & Development and Distribution representatives.
- Work with local, country, and corporate representatives in conducting and completing audits and corrective actions.
- Ensure the improvement and implementation of site-specific environmental, health and safety training to meet facility needs; including regulatory and best management practices.
- Conduct proper investigations to determine root cause for all facility incidents, spills, accidents, near misses, and injuries to prevent recurrence.
- Coordinate proper handling and disposition of facility waste materials.
- Advise management on upcoming environmental, health and safety regulations.